By Denis Barrett
Winter is coming—the three words that can be a headache for any landowner, now throw some trees (or even a forest) into the mix and you’ve got a lot more on your plate. Land clearing is a task that not every landowner has to deal with, but when you do there are some important factors to take into consideration.
Whether you’re looking to clear land for farming purposes, to start a construction project, or you simply need to do a little upkeep there are some serious advantages to having it done in the winter.
Before we explore these benefits, let’s make sure we’re all on the same page about what land clearing is exactly.
Land Clearing Explained
It’s simple; land clearing is the process of removing trees, shrubs, stumps and other obstacles in order to prep an area for land improvement or construction projects.
This process can be costly, which is why you want to invest your time and money into an expert. Do your research when looking for certified land clearing services and the whole thing will run much more smoothly.
While every property has its own unique set of challenges and requirements you’ll be doing yourself a big favor by enlisting the help of a professional.
Why Should You Clear Land in the Winter?
- Solid ground is easier to work with. When the temperature is low the land can support heavy equipment better, especially if your land is in an area that is typically muddy.
- You have more time to prep your landscaping. Overall, land clearing can be a long process so the sooner you start the more time you’ll have to get your landscape ready for warmer weather.
- Ideal weather conditions. Even if you’re not a fan of the cold precipitation and runoff are typically lower during the winter which means your soil won’t suffer as much disturbance as other times.
- Plants are dormant so the aggressive process of removing brush, shrubs, and other vegetation won’t do as much damage to the land and soil.
- Bonus points if there’s snow! While you may think that a few inches of snow on the ground could make it more challenging to get the job done it’s actually considered an added layer of protection for preserving your soil!
Once you decide to take the plunge and seek out professional land clearing services the process will run pretty quickly. Starting with a survey of your land compared against blue prints for any construction projects followed by the removal of any large rocks or brush and then grading the property.
Clearing land is an intensive process that requires specialized equipment, knowledge, and extensive planning. We hope that you’re able to use these tips to get your land in the best shape possible!
We’re Here to Help!
Denis A. Barrett Auctions Marketing & Property Solutions Group has tons of resources for buyers and sellers! If you’re looking to sell your newly cleared land contact us about our tailored exclusive plans or if you are looking for new properties, check out our listings!
Like this article? Please feel free to share or post a link on your site: https://www.denisbarrett.com/the-benefits-of-cleaning-land-for-the-winter/